Saturday, January 11, 2014

Happy January!!

Looks like I blew right by the holidays!! Hope everyone had a wonderful season of family and friends...and getting last minute projects done! I did have 3 more finished for the year, 2 baby quilts for a soon to be great niece and 1 for her big sister. I had posted about working on them from leftovers from Judy, but I don't think I ever posted the finished projects. Here they are: I can't get the next picture to load, so I will have to play with that later. I do have lots of plans for the new year. 1) My scrap box challenge. I was apparently very lax with cutting down my scraps (and other people's scraps when they were given to me) and it resulted in a huge box and 2 bags FULL of scraps that aren't cut down. Any new quilt I start is to be made fully from these (except borders and backings). I could just spend weeks cutting them down and putting them away with the other scraps, but I thought this might be more fun to see what I could come up with. Most are LITTLE scraps so we'll see!! 2) My Cobbled Court Quilt Circle sisters are working on a UFO challenge. We list 6 (who has only 6????) and each month Kathy will pick a number and we work on that project. I picked 2 projects for each number...one to be quilted and one to be pieced and quilted. Should get a lot done that way!!! I have a lot more odds and ends to share, but I think I'll save them for further posts. So, happy stitching to all and here's to a productive weekend!!!

2 comments:

  1. Your scrappy quilts always amaze me. Great job! My scraps are so out of control I am going to start trying to cut them up this year. I need to do that UFO challenge. For the past three months I have done nothing on blogging or reading them. Ready to get back to it. Can't wait to see your finishes this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful as always! But so many triangles!

    CathyG

    ReplyDelete