Sunday, June 9, 2013

Day 2 of the Christmas Quiltalong

Nothing Christmasy done yesterday...unless you count the HOURS of thinking about the quiltalong challenge!! I have not yet stumbled across the project I want to do. That's okay..I still have today to mull it over while working on other things! I got these two little quilts done yesterday for Operation Kid Comfort (just have to sew the binding on tonight). Gosh, I LOVE finishes!!! I need more of them in my life!! Remember the pink flying geese units my friend Judy gave to me that were leftovers for a quilt that she was making for a customer? Well, I used up an entire charm pack and got those blocks made: That's not the final layout..I was just playing around with them. To sash or not to sash..what do you think? I am kind of liking it without the sashing. Hmmmmm..... Those pink flying geese STILL were not done, though. I still had a pile left! There were these squares in with the flying geese: So, I started working those up and now have 6 of these done and lots of units left to make more: As a bonus, I now have a box of these pinwheels from the dog ears I cut off the flying geese!! LOL...this was the gift that kept giving!! At this point, I will have 3 quilts made from the flying geese Judy gifted me. I do have to say, I am starting to hate these things!!! lolol Other than some Christmasy, I refuse to work on anything else until I have these things used up and GONE! lolol Okay...well, maybe I might QUILT something else, but I am not starting anything else!!!

5 comments:

  1. Surely there is some Christmassy number that you can come up with which incorporates pink pinwheels?? Although I can't think of anything right at the mo!

    Hurrah for Judy - that was a fabulous present!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little quilts. Yes, a finish is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same thought as Hazel, but no idea of what you might do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remarkable! Its truly remarkable paragraph, I have got much clear
    idea concerning from this post.

    Feel free to visit my web blog; hello world

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! hopefully by now you've used up all the flying geese and the extra pinwheels. Good luck. I really like that black and pink fabric. Very nice together.

    ReplyDelete