Friday, July 12, 2013

Invite me to a picnic!

I made 2 more casserole carriers yesterday. One is for a friend, and one I am actually keeping for myself. I love these little guys! Now I am all set for the summer picnics we are invited to....well, minus the food that needs to go in it!! lol I actually finished these last weekend, but couldn't post pictures for some reason. I finally had to install firefox so I could post pictures. So, now I have a few more things to show you since then. Here's another casserole carrier..this one is a longer one. It's a gift for a wedding: I also got the top made from Judy's pink flying geese: I finished up all those flying geese by making the stars with the black square centers. Now I just have to put borders on that and can show you that progress. This quilt top is called Summer Breezin'. Shellie, Kathy and I started these together ages ago using 30's fabrics. They used white backgrounds, but not me, of course. I chose this peachy background and really like how it turned out. It's been on my ufo list FOREVER and I am so glad to be one step closer to finishing it!!! This weekend is the Christmas Quiltalong. I FINALLY came up with an idea for Sue's challenge. I am hoping to start putting it together and see if I can come up with something I like!!! Want to join in on the fun and get a head start on your Christmas projects? Just click on the link on the right!!!

5 comments:

  1. You're invited! Come on over. You can bring that lovely star quilt, too! Great carriers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That carriers look so pretty when they are tied up. That makes a super gift. Summer Breezin is another nice design. I like the peachy background, too. Ok, I'm interested to see what you make for the Christmas QAL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your projects are gorgeous! Love those carriers and your quilts are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the peach reenie!!! It's fabulous. I wish I had that much peach in my stash cuz I would have used it too. Great idea. Love the carriers too. fancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The carriers are very clever. I can't wait to see what you've come up with for your challenge.

    ReplyDelete